There are times you forget your Wi-Fi network password. However, you can always find WiFi Password in Windows PC, if you have any device already connected to the same network. After finding your WiFi password in windows, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your WiFi network. On this tutorial we have included two simple methods on How to find WiFi Password in Windows 10 or any Windows PC from the settings and using command prompt.
Here’s a Video on how you can find your WiFi Password on Windows 10
How to check WiFi Password in Windows 10 from Settings
- Firstly, open a Windows PC that’s connected to your WiFi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network. After that select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center. After that, go to Connections, select your WiFi network name.
- Under WiFi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab. After that select the Show characters check box. Your WiFi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
On another Windows PC or other device, connect to WiFi as you normally would, and enter your WiFi password when prompted.
How to find WiFi Password in Windows 10 using Command Prompt
- Firstly, on a Windows PC that is connected to the same network, go to the Search button and search for Command Prompt. After that, select Run as administrator.
- Inside the Command Prompt, go to root of C drive using cd\.
- Enter netsh command. After that, enter wlan show profile command. This will reveal all the saved WiFi networks.
- Select your WiFi name for which you want to see the password.
- Type command wlan show profile wifiname key=clear.
- The profile of the username you provided will be seen. Look under Security settings key content to find the password you are looking for.